The Chief Minister of Karnataka has launched Kayaka Yojane. It is a zero interest (interest free) / subsidized loan scheme for women self-help groups (SHGs) in the state. The loan can be used by the SHGs for skills development. Loans starting from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh will be given under the scheme.
The primary objective of the scheme is to empower women in the state & create more jobs. The loans will be given from the cooperative banks in the state.
What is Kayaka Yojane? A interest free / subsidized loan scheme for women SHGs in the Karnataka.
- To empower women & SHGs
- To provide financial assistance to them
- To create self-employment & employment opportunities for women
- To develop SHGs
- To promote entrepreneurship amongst women
- Easy availability of loans
- Interest Free Loan: Zero interest loans for loans upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Subsidized (Low Interest) Loans: Loan at 4% interest rate for loans between Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Kayaka Scheme Eligibility:
- Applicable only in Karnataka
- Only women led self-help groups can apply
The scheme will be implemented in phases. In the first phase 5 urban areas will be covered. 3,000 SHGs will be offered loans under the scheme in the first phase. The implementation of the scheme will start from January 2019. Kayaka Yojane application forms will be made available & interested SHGs then will be able to apply to avail interest free loans. The scheme was announced by the CM H D Kumaraswamy in the state budget 2018-19. The skills trainings provided under the scheme will help small businesses & business women.
Kayaka Yojane Application Form & How to Apply?
The scheme has been approved & details of the application process are awaited. Government is planning to start the applications for Kayaka Yojane in January 2019.
This section will be update with the Kayaka Yojane application form, list of documents required for application & how to apply as soon as the details are available.