Government of India led Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) approved Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission (KAAM) on August 2, 2020. This scheme was proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). This scheme aims to make India Aatmanirbhar’ in the production of agarbatti in the country. It also aims to generate employment opportunities for Agarbatti artisans, migrants, unemployed in the country. This scheme will boost the domestic agarbatti production.
|Scheme name:||Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission|
|Scheme Under:||Government of India|
|Proposed by:||Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)|
|Approved by:||Mr. Nitin Gadkari , Union Minister of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)|
|Beneficiaries:||Unemployed, Migrant, Artisans across the country|
|Major Objective:||To generate employment opportunities for the beneficiaries and to make India Aatmanirbhar in agarbatti Manufacturing|
- The main objective of the scheme is to generate sustainable employment opportunities in different parts of the country.
- Agarbatti making machines and Powder making machines will be given to the beneficiaries at 25% subsidy from the KVIC
- It aims to enable the private agarbatti manufacturers to increase their production without any major capital investment
- It aims to increase the domestics agarbatti production and reduce imports of agarbatti and its raw materials as well.
- This scheme will benefit the artisans and enhance the production of agarbatti
- It will provide the artisans with necessary training, machines, raw material etc
- Such raw materials and machines will be procured from local producers itself, and then will be given to the artisans
- 25% of the cost will be borne by KVIC and 75% will be borne the artisans but in easy monthly installments
- It will generate new employment opportunities and will boost local production of machines, raw materials and agarbatti.
- This scheme will develop the domestic agarbatti industry as a whole, thereby reducing the imports
- Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission will be functioning on PPP model i.e. Public Private Partnership model.
- KVIC and Business partners will be partnering and providing machines, raw materials, necessary training and employment opportunities to the artisans
- Each agarbatti making machine will make 80Kgs of agarbatti per day and direct employment to 4 artisans.
- Each powder making machine will be provided in set of 5 agarbatti making machines.
- Under the scheme, daily wages of the artisans will be provided by the business partners
- A two-party agreement will be signed in between KVIC and the business partner.
- At present in the country, the daily consumption demand of agarbatti is about 1490 MT per day, however production is only 760MT daily. Thus, this scheme will boost production to meet the demand
- Pilot project of this scheme will be launched soon
- It will boost the agarbatti manufacturing in country and generate sustainable employment