The Chief Minister of Odisha Navin Patnaik announced a free sanitary napkins distribution scheme called Khushi Scheme. The scheme will promote the use of sanitary pads during menstrual days and encourage menstrual hygiene in the women and girls in the state and will also keep them safe from the diseases. Under the scheme the state government will distribute free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls in the states.
What is Scheme Khushi? A Govt. of Odisha scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to the girls studying in class 6th till class 12th in government and government-aided schools.
Khushi Scheme Odisha Benefits:
- Free sanitary pads for girls studying in class 6th till class 12th in government and government-aided schools in Odisha
- Subsidized sanitary napkins for girls and women across the state
- Increased awareness about the menstrual hygiene amongst the girls
- To promote happier and healthier lifestyle for girls
Scheme Khushi Odisha Eligibility:
- Girls studying in class 6th till class 12th in government and government-aided schools in Odisha
- Poor and economically backward women in remote and rural areas
Other Similar Schemes:
- Asmita yojana Maharashtra: subsidized sanitary pads scheme
- Kishori Yojana Delhi: free sanitary napkins scheme
- Shakti Project: free sanitary napkins for girls in Haryana
- She Pad Kerala: Sanitary napkins scheme