Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) launched a new scheme – Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana. PSPCL Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD), Mr. A Venu Prasad announced the scheme details on September 4, 2020. This scheme is mainly for people in the state belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Backward Class (BC) categories. Under this scheme 2 LED bulbs would be provided to the beneficiaries at just Rs. 30/-
|Scheme name:||Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana|
|Scheme under:||Punjab Government|
|Launch date:||September 4, 2020|
|Launched by:||Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)|
|Announced by:||PSPCL CMD, Mr. A Venu Prasad|
|Beneficiaries:||People belonging to BPL, SC and ST categories across the state|
|Primary Benefit:||2 LED bulbs just at Rs. 30/-|
|Scheme Objective:||To provide energy-efficient and safer power solutions|
|Scheme Budget/Outlay:||Rs. 8.63 crore|
Objectives and Benefits:
- This scheme aims to provide viable and safer power solution to the people belonging to BPL, SC and BC categories in the state
- Under the scheme, energy efficient LED bulbs are provided to the beneficiaries as an alternative to the CFL bulbs
- LED bulbs provided would last for a longer time (20,000) as well as save electricity up to 80-90%
- With the use of such LED bulbs, there won’t be any chances of fire
- LED bulbs are energy efficient and environment friendly
- Applicant must be an electricity consumer under PSPCL
- He/she should belong to BPL/SC/BC category
- He/she must be availing electricity subsidy along with sanctioned load up to 1 KW.
- Eligible beneficiaries are required to visit the concerned PSPCL office.
- Deposit a copy of current bill and Identity proof
- Submit a self-undertaking along with the bill and id proof
- After verification, the applicants will be required to deposit Rs. 30/- and thereby 2 LED bulbs would be provided.
- PSPCL launched new Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana for the BPL, SC and BC categories mainly to provide them with safer and energy efficient LED bulbs at subsidized rates
- Under the scheme 2 LED bulbs will be provided to each beneficiary at just Rs. 30/-
- Beneficiaries can apply as per the prescribed process to avail the benefit
- Existing eligible consumer availing electricity subsidy having sanctioned load up to 1 KW will be considered
- Such beneficiaries get electricity concession of 200 units per month.
- Subsidy on account of this for the year 2019-20 as approved by the PSERC is Rs. 1598.47 crore