Gujarat government has launched a new scheme for the benefit of the farmers across the state. CMO Gujarat, Mr. Vijay Rupani, approved the scheme named Kisan Sahay Yojana-2021. Under this scheme a financial aid is provided to the farmers who suffer from losses due to natural calamities like inadequate or heavy rainfall or drought conditions during the Kharif season. Kharif season usually starts in the month of June and ends in the month of November. It is a crop insurance scheme with zero premium to the farmers to help them recover from the losses incurred by them.
|Scheme name:||Kisan Sahay Yojana – 2021|
|Scheme Under:||Gujarat Government|
|Approved by:||Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani|
|Scheme Type:||Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Benefit:||Financial Assistance based on crop damage|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmers across the state|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial assistance to the farmers to help them overcome the loss incurred due to natural calamities during the kharif period.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial aid to the farmers to recover from the loss incurred by them due to the excessive climate change
- It aims to cover all the farmers across the state. Even Tribal farmers are eligible for the benefits
- The scheme aims to provide a cover of protection to the farmers against all the excessive climate changes, natural calamities and unprecedented events.
- No premium is required to be paid by the farmers under this scheme
- Around 53 lakh farmers across the state are aimed to be benefited under this scheme.
- The farmers will be given financial assistance as per the loss, per hectare
- This scheme enables the overall agricultural development
- This scheme is applicable only to the farmers who are residents of Gujarat state
- Tribal farmers are also covered under this scheme
- Under this scheme, the farmers get financial aid as per the loss incurred. Assistance id provided if the damage is more than 33%
- If crop damage is between 33-60% then a financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 per hectare up to a maximum limit of 4 hectares, will be provided
- If the damage is more than 60% then the financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 per hectare up to a maximum of 4 hectares, will be provided.
- Compensation/ assistance is provided for maximum 4 hectares of farm land owned by the beneficiary farmer
- No premium is to be paid by the farmers under this scheme to avail the benefits of insurance
- Application process is usually kept offline through e-gram centres wherein the applicants visit the nearest e-gram centre with the necessary documents and details of total loss incurred and submit the application in person
- The government is also planning to launch a dedicated web portal for receiving applications this year
- A toll-free no. is also to be announced soon for addressing the queries of the farmers regarding the scheme
- Kisan Sahay Yojana is a crop insurance scheme for farmers suffering loss due to uncontrollable natural factors during the kharif season i.e., from June to November
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani recently approved the Kisan Sahay Yojana-2021
- All farmers across the state are covered under the scheme
- Under this scheme, financial aid will be provided by the government directly into the beneficiary bank account
- Farmers are not required to pay any premium
- About 53 lakh farmers will be benefited under this scheme
- The assistance to the farmers under the scheme is in addition to the assistance under the State Disaster Response Fund
- The applicants can visit the nearest e-gram centre for submitting applications
- A dedicated portal as well as a toll-free helpline no. will be made available for the conducting smooth application process for this year
- Thus, through this scheme the government will tend to compensate for the crop loss incurred by the farmers across the state effectively.