The government of Uttar Pradesh has announced a Kisan Uday Yojana under Power for all scheme. Under the Kisan Uday Yojana farmers in the state will be provided energy efficient pump set of different capacities. The objective of the scheme is to save energy by helping farmers to use appropriate pumps. The UP government is planning to provide 10 lakh energy efficient pumps by year 2022.
Free maintenance of pumps for 5 years, start/stop pumps using mobile phones.
The energy efficient pumps are expected to save 35% energy over conventional pumps. These pumps can be operated using mobile phones moreover maintenance is free for 5 years. The Kisan Uday Yojana will reduce farmers expenditure as well since expenditure on the power is the major of all the agricultural expenses.
Kisan Uday Yojana launch & pump distribution dates:
- Kisan Uday Yojana was approved by UP cabinet and announced on 23rd Dec 2017
- Kisan Uday Yojana pump distribution to start soon and will be completed by 2022
Kisan Uday Yojana Pump Specifications:
- Government of Uttar Pradesh will provide energy efficient pumps in two variants:
- 5 Horse Power(HP)
- 7.5 Horse Power(HP)
- The pumps will come with the Smart Kit with which farmers will be able to operate (start/stop) pumps remotely using their mobile phone
- UP government will bare the cost of maintenance of pumps for next 5 years
Eligibility for Kisan Uday Yojana UP:
- Farmers in UP an apply for the scheme
- Farms should be in the limits of the Uttar Pradesh
Kisan Uday Yojana is expected to benefit the state public since huge amount of energy will be saved as a results of farmers using energy efficient pumps.
Implementation of Kisan Uday Yojana:
- The implementation of the scheme to start in 2018
- Following districts to will be covered in first phase: Varanasi, Mathura, Ambedkarnagar, Aligarh, Gorakhpur and Ghazipur
- Subsequently rest of the UP to be covered in phases
- 10 lakh pumps to be distributed by 2022
Highlight of the Kisan Uday Yojana:
- Govt of UP to distribute energy efficient pumps to the farmers of the state
- New pumps to save 35% of energy and can be operated using mobile phones, govt of UP to bare the maintenance for 5 years
- Launched on the birth anniversary of former PM Chaudhary Charan Singh on 23rd December 2017
- Launched in Baghpat, implementation to start in phases soon