Kishori shakti yojna is the scheme started by central government. The main objective of the scheme is to promote and provide education and knowledge to young girls between the age of eleven and eighteen regarding their environment, social status, social problems, health, hygiene, marital status etc. It also aims to teach young girls sufficient vocational skills with the help of which they would be empowered and become self-sufficient human beings. This programme aims to being a difference in the lives of these young women and make them productive and contributive social beings in the society.
Benefits of Kishori Shakti Yojna
- Girls will get general health check up every six month.
- Providing proper nutrition and taking care of the health of the girls falling in the age group of eleven to eighteen years.
- Beneficiary girls would be train in vocational education and home science.
- Required literacy and innumeracy skills through the non-formal stream of education, to stimulate a desire for more social exposure and knowledge and to help them improve their decision making capabilities will be provided
- Promote awareness of health, hygiene, nutrition and family welfare, home management and child care, and to take all measure as to facilitate their marrying only after attaining the age of 18 years and if possible, even later.
- Beneficiary girl would get well education, health.
- Health related benefits like Prophylaxis measures against anemia, goiter, vitamin deficiencies etc will be taken under this scheme.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Kishori Shakti Yojna
- All unmarried adolescent girls in the age group of 11-18 years and belonging to families whose income is below Rs.6400/- per annum in the rural areas will be eligible to receive additional services under the scheme.
Document required for registration
- Birth certificate of girl beneficiary.
- Address proof.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can contact to Anganwadi center.
- Beneficiary can contact to mukhya sevika belong to Anganwadi center
For more information
Scheme related video is available at following link