The Aam Aadmi Party government is Delhi is planning to launch Kishori Yojana, a free sanitary pads for Delhi girls & menstrual hygiene awareness scheme. Under the scheme the government of Delhi will distribute sanitary napkins to adolescent girls in the schools free of cost. The government will also planning to create awareness about the menstrual hygiene among adolescent girls. Ensuring promotion of safe and hygienic practices during menstrual period. Along with girls teachers too of Delhi government schools will be imparted training on the issue of menstruation.
Kishori Yojana: Eligibility/Who will get free sanitary pads?
- Adolescent school girls studying in class 6th to 12th
- Scheme is applicable only to girls studying in the government girls school/government co-ed schools, government aided schools
Kishori Yojana Benefits:
- Free sanitary pads
- Menstrual hygiene awareness campaigns & trainings for teachers & students
8 lakh girls in Delhi will get free sanitary pads.
There are 8 lakh girls studying in government/government aided schools in Delhi. They all are eligible for the scheme irrespective of their family income and castes. They all will get a free packet of 10 napkins every month. The napkins will be mostly free of cost or subsidized and the decision will be announced soon. The Government of Delhi will fund the initiative. There is a court hearing on the Kishori Yojana once the honorable court announces the judgment, the government will provide further updates on the scheme.
Other related scheme in Delhi:
- Government of Delhi popular schemes: https://govinfo.me/states/national-capital-territory-delhi/
- Scheme for girls: https://govinfo.me/beneficiaries/girl/
- List of Arvind Kejriwal popular schemes: https://govinfo.me/?s=kejriwal