On August 6, 2021 Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched a unique service named Know your scheme, for the citizens of the state. Under this facility the citizens will get to know the schemes launched by the government through the official online portal. This facility will help the citizens to know the schemes launched, details, eligibility, benefits, etc. Through this scheme the government aims at ensuring benefit for all the eligible beneficiaries in the state. The citizens will have to visit the official portal, enter the details like personal information, socio-economic background, qualification, etc, then the portal will suggest the scheme applicable and the process to be followed next. Due to this online platform to understand the schemes launched by the government will assist the citizens with real time quick information. It will avoid the need of visiting the departments personally for checking the eligibility and benefits applicable. It will tend to ensure welfare for all the citizens in the state.
|Initiative Name:||Know your scheme|
|Initiative Under:||Goa Government|
|Launched By:||Chief Minister Pramod Sawant|
|Launch Date:||August 6, 2021|
|Beneficiaries:||Citizens of the state|
|Benefit:||Online information about the schemes launched, eligibility, benefits, etc|
|Objective:||To provide real time information about the schemes launched by the government and to ensure that all the eligible beneficiaries get the benefits applicable|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of this initiative is to ensure that each and every beneficiary get the required benefit of the schemes launched by the government.
- It tends to ensure that no beneficiary is left out from availing the benefit of the scheme.
- It will help the beneficiaries thereby avoiding the need of them traveling to the department for getting the information about the schemes, eligibility, benefit etc.
- Indulging the use of online mode for distribution of information will enable providing real time information.
- This service will help the citizens to get the information sitting at their homes.
- It will help the citizens to understand the initiatives of the government directly through the portal
- It will ease the process of enrolling the eligible beneficiaries under the schemes launched
- Know your scheme is a unique service launched by the state government of Goa for its citizens.
- This initiative was launched by the Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on August 6, 2021.
- It is launched with the support of Goa IT department.
- Through this facility the state government wants to ensure all the beneficiaries get the applicable benefit of the schemes launched
- State government noticed that there are many beneficiaries in the state who does not have any knowledge about the schemes launched by the government, their eligibility, benefit provided, etc.
- Thus, it was decided to launch such a facility to provide real time information about the schemes and initiatives started by the government.
- Currently 20 departments will include their 260 schemes under the Know your scheme initiative.
- Efforts will be made to cover all the departments under this initiative soon.
- Through this initiative the government will assist the citizens to know what are the schemes launched, whether they are eligible for the schemes, etc
- Citizens will be required to visit the official goa online portal @ https://goaonline.gov.in
- Personal details are to be entered like name, address, DOB, age, gender, category, etc along with socio economic background, qualification, etc
- Relevant and applicable scheme will be suggested thereby
- The data of eligible beneficiaries will be recorded which will thereby help to keep a check on the beneficiaries covered.
- State government wants the benefit of the scheme to reach even the last person applicable
- Due to the launch of this online facility the citizens will be able to avoid going to the specific departments every time for knowing about the scheme, their eligibility, benefit, etc
- State government has also guided the panchayats to help the people visiting for enquiring about this initiative.
- Panchayats are also told to spread a word about the same and create awareness about this service
- It will bring digitalisation even in the remotest areas and ensure transparency in the scheme related activities.
- This will ensure benefit and welfare of all the citizens in the state.