The West Bengal government has launched Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa (Scheme) for the farmers in the state. Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per year will be given to farmers under Krishak Bandhu Assured Income Scheme where as one-time grant of Rs. 2 lakh is given to the farmer`s family in the event of death under Krishak Bandhu Death Benefit Scheme.
The scheme is launched by the WB Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. The primary objective of the scheme is to empower farmers in the state & provide financial assistance to the debt ridden farmers. The scheme is based on the popular scheme in Telangana Raythu Bandhu which provides financial assistance of Rs. 8,000 per year to their farmers.
|Scheme:||Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa|
|Alternate Names:||Krishak Bandhu Scheme, Krishak Bandhu Yojana|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmers in West Bengal|
|Launched By:||WB CM Mamta Banerjee|
|Launch Date:||December 2018 – January 2019|
Krishak Bandhu (Assured Income) Scheme:
- Benefits: Financial assistance of Rs. 5,000 at the beginning of Kharif season (First Installment: 1 June) & Rs. 5,000 at the beginning of Rabi season (Second Installment: 2nd November)
- Eligibility: All the farmers including Bhagchasi (Share Croper) can apply
Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit) Scheme:
- Benefits: One-time grant of Rs. 2 lakh
- Eligibility: Family member/nominee of the farmer or share cropper (Bhagchasi) in the age group of 18 to 60 years
WB Agricultural Department is the nodal agency for the scheme & will be implementing the scheme.
Krishak Bandhu Cards: All the farmers in the West Bengal are required to register themselves under the scheme. All the registered farmers will be given Krishak Bandhu Cards. These cards are required to apply for various benefits of the scheme.
Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa Scheme / Yojana: Application Form, Required Document & How to apply?
- Application procedure & how to apply for Krishak Bandhu (Assured Income) Scheme are yet to be announced by the government. This article will be updated when the details are available.
- CLICK HERE to download Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit) Scheme application form.
- Fill in the form completely
- Attached attested copy of identity proof, Krishak Bandhu card, death certificate of farmer etc
- Submit the application form
All the further detail about the scheme can be found on the WB Department of Agriculture official website matirkatha.net The amount will be given to the eligible farmers using cheque or direct benefit transfer (DBT) to their bank accounts.