The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Chauhan launched Krishak Sahakari Rin Mitra Yojana (Farmer cooperative loan friends scheme) for farmers in the state. Its a loan repayment scheme for farmers in Madhya Pradesh and objective of the scheme is to encourage farmers to repay their loans on time. The government will honor all those farmers who repay their loans on time in the state. Such farmers will be awarded at the state and district levels.
Farmers often take agriculture or crop loans and in spite of the drought or price drop or bad crops most of them repay loans and on time. The CM believes that in spite of so many difficulties farmers who repay their loans and hence they need to be honored which will encourage others too to repay their loans. Names of all such farmers who replayed their loan in 3 to 5 years will be placed on the notice boards in the cooperative societies.
Highlights of MP Krishak Sahakari Rin Mitra Yojana:
- Government of Madhya Pradesh to honor farmers to repay their loans on time
- All such farmers will be honored and awarded at state and district levels
- The Krishak Sahakari Rin Mitra Yojana will benefit farmers get loan in future
- The government will give appreciation certificates for loan repayment on time
- The scheme will encourage farmers to repay their loans
- The MP government to take strict action against usurers who harass farmers and to make new rules for them
- Krishak Sahakari Rin Mitra Yojana will help farmers to repay their loans in 5 consecutive years