The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Chauhan launched Krishak Udyami Yojana. The objective of the scheme is to encourage the children to setup a processing unit for their agricultural products. Under the Krishak Udyami Scheme a loan of Rs. 2 crore will be made available to them. 5% interest grant upto 5 years and 15% interest grant has been arranged for the yojana.
The state government is planning to create employment opportunities through cooperative societies in the state. The government also announced that the they will provide nutritious meal through self-help groups. Gram Panchayat`s now on can operate sand mines. It will help them generate revenues and also create employment opportunities in the village. The government is also working on the skill up-gradation in the rural areas to create self-employment opportunities.
Highlights of MP Krishak Udyami Yojana:
- A scheme to encourage children of farmers
- Government will help then setup small processing units for their agriculture products
- A loan of Rs. 2 crore will be made available for Krishak Udyami Yojana
- Cooperative societies will be empowered to create opportunities in the rural areas in the state
- Nutritious meals will be provided by the self help groups in the villages
- Gram Panchayat`s will be allowed to operate sand mines which will generate revenue and employment opportunities
- Workshops to be organized by the state governments which will provide details on various scheme by the government