UP government has newly come up with ‘Lok Kalakar Vadya Yantra Kraya Yojana‘ for assisting the folk artists in the state. State Directorate Culture announced the scheme details. In view of impact of the pandemic on the folk artists the state government has decided to start this scheme. During the pandemic lockdown situations, the local folk artists suffered a lot and are in distress. Thus, the government has decided to provide them financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 to each artist who earns below Rs. 1.20 lakhs annually in the state. This assistance amount will be transferred in to the bank account of the beneficiary for purchasing the required instruments. Total funds of Rs. 1 crore are kept aside for the scheme. It is an important step taken by the state government for ensuring welfare of the artists.
|Scheme name||Lok Kalakar Vadya Yantra Kraya Yojana|
|Scheme Under||Uttar Pradesh Government|
|Announced By||State Directorate Culture|
|Beneficiaries||Folk artists in the state|
|Benefit||Financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 for purchasing required instruments like flute, dholki, tabla, dhol, etc.|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to the folk artists in the state to purchase folk instruments thereby helping them earn their livelihood.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide assistance to the folk artists across the state.
- It aims to relieve the artists above 35 years of age, who have suffered loss of work and are in distress due to the pandemic situations faced.
- Under the scheme, a financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 will be provided to the artists for purchasing their instruments.
- It will help the beneficiaries to purchase the instruments which they were not able to purchase due to the financial constraints thereby helping them to earn a livelihood.
- Assistance amount will be transferred directly into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- This scheme aims to encourage the folk artists to live a life of dignity even after all the sufferings.
- It will ensure is for betterment and welfare of the artists impacted in tough times.
- Age of the artist should be of 35 years or more.
- Annual income of the artist should be below Rs. 1.20 lakhs
- Artist should be registered in the e-directory of the directorate of culture.
- Uttar Pradesh government started Lok Kalakar Vadya Yantra Kraya Yojana for artists in the state to provide financial assistance to help them overcome the difficulties faced during the pandemic.
- The scheme is announced by State Directorate Culture.
- Under this scheme all the folk artists in the state above the age of 35 years having annual income of less than Rs. 1.20 lakhs will be covered.
- Due to the pandemic and lockdown situations many artists have suffered loss of work and are in distress.
- Many artists who wish to purchase instruments but could not due to financial constraints.
- This scheme aims to relieve such artists by providing them a financial assistance for purchasing the required instruments.
- Financial assistance of Rs 20,000 will be provided to the artists for purchasing the folk instruments required like tabla, flute, dhol, chikara, ektara, dhaad, duggi, pipri, etc.
- This assistance amount will be provided through direct bank transfer into the bank accounts.
- Artist will have to fill a form in the concerned office to apply under the scheme.
- He will also have to furnish the receipt of instrument purchased through the received money in the department.
- Last date of submitting application form is September 30, 2021.
- This scheme aims to help the artists purchase instruments required through which they can earn their livelihood.
- It tends to relieve them from the distress and support them to survive.
- Total budget kept aside for the scheme is Rs. 1 crore.