The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi announced Main Nahi Hum (I to We) portal & mobile app for IT professionals and organizations. The objective of the initiative is to involve IT professionals in the social change. It is based on the Self4Society theme. PM announced the initiative at the launch event of I to We campaign on 24th October 2018. IT professionals and electronics manufacturing organizations were too present in the gathering.
Main Nahi Hum portal & Mobile App: A platform by government for the public to collaborate and will also enable entrepreneurs and social startups to contribute in the social change.
- PM emphasizes on the Clean India initiative in the event and stressed on the “What Sarkar cannot do sanskar can do” and requested everyone to participate and contribute to Clean India.
- The I to We platform also focuses on promoting entrepreneurship in rural areas in the country to create more job opportunities
- Government also wants to improve the digital literacy with the initiative
- The PM emphasized on the water conservation as well and requested everyone to visit Mahatma Gandhi`s home in Porbandar in Gujarat
- The PM also wants youngsters to thing about farmers and work for the welfare of the farmers
- He requested people to work in the agriculture sector
- The Swach Bharat Mission is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi and government wants everyone`s help to fulfill Bapus vision
- He encouraged youngsters to startup in the social sector and solve some of the problems India is facing
- The PM emphasized on the contribution of the people for success of the schemes and initiatives
PM appreciated youngsters for using technology for benefits of the others. The Main Nahi Hum portal will be launched soon and people will be able to register on the portal, get frequent updates, collaborate and contribute on various social issues and also provide feedback to the government. The I to We mobile app will be available on Google Android and iPhones. People will be able to download the app free, install and use it.