Maulana Azad Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The Foundation is a voluntary non-political, non-profit marking social service organization established to promote education amongs the educationally backward sections of the society. It is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The main objective of the scheme is to recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to national Minorities who cannot continue their education without financial support. Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course & payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Benefits of Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls student belonging to Minorities:
- The financial assistance will be giving to the girl student of class 11th and 12th
- An amount of Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) would be given to a student in the ratio 50:50 i.e. Rs. 6000/- (Rupees Six Thousand only) for class 11th and Rs. 6000/-(Rupees Six Thousand only) class 12th
- The second instalment of Rs. 6000/- (Rupees Six Thousand ) for class 12th would be released after submission of Mark sheet of 11th exam and verification certificate
Eligibility for getting benefits of Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls student belonging to Minorities:
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities,(i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis) can apply
- Girl should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class 10th) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/-(Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year
- The University/College/ Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority
- It is one time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained. Student once selected for scholarship can not avail the same again
- A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this Scholarship
Documents are required for Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls student belonging to Minorities:
- Student passport size photo
- Institution Verification Form
- Self-declaration of Income Certificate by the student
- Self-declaration of community by the student
- In case of Fresh Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form.
- In case of Renewal Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Mark sheet as filled in the Form
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (IFSC, MICR code)
- Aadhaar Card
- Income certificate would require valid for one year
- Residential Certificate
- Application can be downloaded from the web site http://www.maef.nic.in Photocopy of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount is to be paid for application.
- Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation by post or delivered by hand in the office of the Foundation.
- No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services
- Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers/formalities.
- For any query contact fallowing address: MAULANA AZAD EDUCATION FOUNDATION (Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India) Social Justice Service Centre, Chelmsford Road New Delhi–110055
- Phone No. – 011 – 23583788, 23583789
- Fax No.011–23561945
References & Details:
- For more information visit following link: