The Himachal Pradesh government has launched Medha Protsahan Yojana for meritorious students of 12th class and college in the state. They will be provided financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh for coaching and preparing for various competitive examinations. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage students in the state to go for the competitive examinations and support them. The scheme is expected to be helpful for the poor students from the weaker backgrounds. With the help of the Medha Protsahan Yojana students will be able to prepare for competitive examinations such as UPSC, SSC, NEET, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, CLAT, AFMC exams. Students will also get coaching for the experts under the scheme.
The HP government has allocated a budget of Rs. 5 crore for the scheme in the year 2018. The scheme is also expected to generate employment for those who are looking for teachers jobs and are experts in their respective fields.
HP Medha Protsahan Yojana: A scholarship scheme for the meritorious students in Himachal. They will be given financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh for coaching.
Medha Protsahan Yojana Objectives:
- To encourage and empower students
- To provide financial assistance for higher studies
- To make sure that no one has to leave education because of financial crises
Medha Protsahan Yojana Eligibility:
- The scheme is applicable to residents of Himachal Pradesh only
- Meritorious students of 12th class and college are eligible
- Applicable only to the poor students: family income should not be more than 2.5 lakh
Medha Protsahan Yojana Benefits:
- Financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh for coaching
- Free coaching from experts at best coaching centers
Students can obtain coaching in the state and also obtain outside of the state also. The Himachal CM Jairam Thakur announced the scheme.
How to apply for Medha Protsahan Yojana?
The application forms for the Medha Protsahan Yojana will be available with the concerned schools and colleges. The school and college authorities will provide details of the scheme along with the list of documents required and application for the scheme.
हिमाचल मंत्रीमण्डल ने प्रदेश के भविष्य के लिए “मेधा प्रोत्साहन योजना” शुरू की है।
गरीब परिवार से संबंध रखने वाले विद्यार्थियों के लिए वरदान साबित होगी यह योजना।#शिखरकीओरहिमाचल pic.twitter.com/ofZJXR8wlI
— Jairam Thakur (@jairamthakurbjp) October 23, 2018