CMO Haryana, Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar, launched the scheme named ‘Mera Pani Meri Virasat’. Under this scheme Rs. 7,000 will be provided by the government to farmers who quit paddy cultivation (rice farming) and take up alternatives like pulses, bajra, cotton, etc. This scheme was launched taking into consideration the falling water levels, water scarcity in the state. This scheme aims to help save water and encourage cultivation in which minimum water is use. Farmers can avail the benefit of this scheme by applying for the same on the official portal
|Scheme name:||Mera Pani Meri Virasat|
|Scheme Under:||State Government|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmers across the state|
|Scheme Objective:||Providing incentive money to farmers for cultivating alternative crops except paddy|
- The main objective of the scheme is to minimize the wastage of water
- It aims at promoting water conservation and sustainable farming
- New techniques are promoted to encourage the farmers to adopt crop diversification
- It aims at providing better options to the farmers for replacing the paddy cultivation, thereby providing more benefits to the farmers.
- This scheme aims at reducing usage and wastage of water and conserving the same for coming generations as a whole.
- This benefit of this scheme can be availed by all the farmers of Haryana
- It provides 80% subsidy to the farmers for micro irrigation and drip irrigation
- Necessary Sowing, information, farm machinery as required will be given to the farmers
- Crops like moong, urad, cotton, vegetables etc., will be cultivated as a replacement and it will be procured at minimum support price.
- This scheme mainly will encourage the farmers to replace paddy cultivation thereby saving water, as well as they will also get the incentives from the government for each acre of land held.
How to Register/Apply:
- Visit the official website of Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Haryana
- Click on the new notification for new Registration. The registration page will be displayed.
- Enter Aadhar no., Farm details, Total Land holding details and Crop details as required
- Click on Submit. After successful registration an intimation will be received
- Accordingly log in and fill the personal details and account details
- Click on Submit.
- After verification, the incentive benefit will be transferred to the farmer’s account directly
Eligibility and Required documents:
- Applicant farmer should be a permanent resident of Haryana state
- Aadhaar Card, Identity card
- Land papers
- Bank account, passbook
- Mobile no.
- Passport size photo
- This scheme was launched by the Haryana government to reduce the areas for water planting crops in the state and promote water conservation
- In the 1st phase, 19 blocks of the state were covered where ground water depth is more than 40 meters. Out of these 8 blocks have more paddy transplantation including Sewan, Guhla, Sirsa, Ratia, Shahabad, Ismailabad, Pipli and Baban.
- Financial assistance in the form of incentives is provided to the farmers to switch from paddy cultivation to alternatives, so that they do not suffer any kind of loss
- Farmers can grow any crop under this scheme like moong, urad, vegetables etc, except paddy
- Farmers under this scheme will also be eligible for applying for a grant
- This scheme aims at ensuring water availability for future generations.