Himachal Pradesh chief minister Jai Ram Thakur will launch a scheme ”Mukhya Mantri 1 Bigha (मुख़्यमंत्री १ बीघा योजना)”. 1.5 lakh women will get employment along with cash incentive of Rs. 1 lakh. The scheme will be implemented with help of 5,000 self help groups in HP. The scheme is only for rural women with minimum one bigha land. Beneficiaries needs to grow back yard kitchen garden.
|Scheme:||Mukhya Mantri 1 Bigha|
|Benefits:||Incentive of Rs. 1 lakh|
|Beneficiaries:||Rural women of Himachal Pradesh|
|Launched By:||Government of Himachal Pradesh|
|Launch Date:||May 2020|
- Rural women will get employment
- Incentive of Rs. 1 lakh (198 day of wags + Rs 40,000 for garden development + Rs.10,000 for concrete vermicompost pit)
- Increased rural economy
- Training on how to grow kitchen garden
- Scheme is applicable for Himachal Pradesh only
- Scheme is applicable for rural women
- Applicable only for women having minimum one bigha family owned land
The scheme “Mukhya Mantri 1 Bigha” is based on Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS). Beneficiaries woman or her family can grown-up botanical garden of their one bigha land. Rural development and Panchayati Raj department is working on multiple cropping for high profits with low risk and stabilize incomes. This scheme will empower the women and get trained on how to grow kitchen garden and take care of them from vermicompost, about water level and saplings, seeds etc.