The Jharkhand Government has launched Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana (MKY) to provide financial assistance for girls marriage in the family. The scheme is meant for the poor families in the state. The state government will provide financial assistance of Rs. 30,000 at the time of marriage of girls in the poor families. The objective of the scheme is to remove the burden from the poor families in the state and to make sure that girls are married on time.
What is Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana (MKY)? A financial assistance scheme for girls in the state. Rs. 30,000 will be given to poor families on the occasion of daughter`s marriage.
- To remove burden from the poor families
- To help them with the daughter`s marriage expenses
Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana (MKY) Benefits:
- The scheme is applicable only to the permanent residents of Jharkhand
- The scheme is only for those who`s family income is less than Rs. 72,000 per year
- The marriage grant is given only on the occasion of girls marriage / only girls are eligible
- Girls age must be more than 18 years and boy`s age must be more than 21 years
- The scheme is applicable only for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
- The scheme is applicable only for the first marriage
- Orphan girls are also eligible for the scheme
List of documents required for Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana (MKY) application:
- Passport size photograph
- AADHAR card / voter card
- Birth certificate
- Wedding card
NOTE: These are the basic list of documents required, check with the authorities for the additional list of documents if required.
Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana Application Form & How to Apply?
- CLICK HERE to download the application form for the Mukhya Mantri Kandyadan Yojana
- Fill in the application form
- Sign the form or provide thumb impression of mother and father
- Submit the application form to the Panchayat, Jilha Parishad or Social Welfare Office
The Department of Social and Women`s Welfare, Jharkhand Government implements the scheme.