The Odisha Government has launched Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata Yojana (MMKSY) for craftsman in the state. Senior craftsman with annual income less than Rs. 1 lakh will be given monthly allowance of upto Rs. 1,000 under the scheme.
The primary objective of the scheme is to support poor craftsman in the state. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched the scheme.
Read More: List of schemes & subsidies in Odisha
|Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata Yojana (MMKSY)|
|Benefits:||Monthly allowance of the senior craftsman|
- Social security for craftsman
- Monthly allowance of Rs. 800 per month for senior craftsman
- Allowance of Rs. 1,000 for craftsman who is more than 80 years of age
- Applicable only for the permanent residents of the Odisha
- Applicable only for the senior craftsman i.e. all those who has worked for more than 10 years as craftsman
Read More: List of schemes by Naveen Patnaik
Directorate of handicraft is the nodal agency for the scheme. The selection of the beneficiaries will be done by a district level committee headed by the district collectors. Once the selection is done then benefits will be given to them through block development officers (BDOs).
Odisha craft is popular & conserving & promoting it is important. The scheme will help conserve art & culture of the state. It will provide financial security to the craftsman.
The scheme is just announced the application form & application procedure is expected to be announced soon.