The Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Arvind Kejriwal has announced the new scheme called as Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY). The scheme is meant for the farmers in the national capital and the important objective of the scheme is to increase farmers annual income by 3 to 5 times. The scheme focuses on the solar energy. Under the scheme government will partners with the private companies which will install solar panels in their agricultural land to produce solar energy.
Farmers does`t need to invest anything under the scheme. There are 5 companies which has shown interest in the scheme. Farmers will be paid rent for their land used for installing solar units and generating solar energy. They will also get 1000 units of free electricity per acre.
Farmers can use the electricity generated using the solar energy and save on their electricity bills. The saved electricity from the agricultural activities along with the electricity produced by the farmers will be provided to the industries. The solar panels will be installed at a height of 3.5 meters in such a way that the farmer’s agriculture activity will not be disturbed.
The Delhi Government departments will buy electricity generated by the companies under the Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY). At present cost of the electricity per unit is Rs. 9. The clean energy generated under the scheme will cost Rs. 4-5 per unit. It will provide savings of Rs. 400 – Rs. 500 annually to the government of Delhi.
The farmers will start earning in eight to nine months with the scheme. The scheme will provide additional earnings to the farmers besides the earnings from their crops. To start with the scheme will provide earning of Rs. 1 lakh per year per acre. The earnings are expected increase by 6% in next couple of years and will soon reach 4.04 lakh per year per acre.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): The government of Delhi scheme for the farmers of the state to increase their annual income and get an additional source of income by installing the solar panels in their farmland.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): Objectives
- To increase the annual income of farmers
- To improve the living standards of farmers
- To reduce pollution in the state
- To produce clean energy
- To promote solar energy
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Farmers from Delhi
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): Benefits
- 1000 units of free electricity per acre annually to the farmers who joined the scheme
- Additional income of upto Rs. 1 lakh on renting farm land for installing solar units
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): How to apply?
The scheme just announced by the Delhi Government. The detail information regarding application form, application procedure is yet to be made public. This section will be updated regarding the online registration details, how to apply and step by step application procedure when the information is made available by the government of Delhi.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Yojana (MKABY): Implementation & Highlights
- The scheme to increase farmers income by 3 to 5 times
- The Chief Minister of Delhi Shri Aravind Kejriwal announced the scheme
- Government to partner with companies to install solar panels in the agricultural land
- Farmers will be paid rent for their land used
- Farmers are not required to pay anything
- They will get 1000 units of free electricity per acre
- Government to buy electricity from the companies partners with them for this scheme
- Farmers to get additional income of Rs. 1 lakh per year
- Solar Power Developer will sign Power Purchase Agreement with Delhi government for the supply of solar power to departments like Delhi Jal Board, PWD, health etc
Other Important Schemes:
- List of schemes & subsidies of National Capital Territory of Delhi
- List of schemes for farmers
- List of schemes to the energy sector
- List of the scheme to the agriculture sector