Jharkhand government came up with a new scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Krishi Wrin Mafi Yojana’ for relieving the farmers across the state. This scheme was announced by CMO Jharkhand, Mr. Hemant Soren in the month of December 2020. Under this scheme loans taken by the farmers from the banks till march 31, 2020 will be waived off by the government. This scheme will waive off up to Rs. 50,000/- of the loan amount. On February 1, 2021 the scheme was launched by Agriculture Minister, Badal Patralekh. This scheme aims to benefit about 9 lakh farmers in the state. An outlay of Rs. 2,000 crores’ is sanctioned by the state government for the scheme.
|Scheme name:||Mukhyamantri Krishi Wrin Mafi Yojana|
|Scheme by:||Jharkhand Government|
|Announced by:||CMO Jharkhand, Hemant Soren|
|Launched By:||State Agriculture Minister, Badal Patralekh|
|Launch Date:||February 1, 2021|
|Beneficiaries:||Farmers across the state who availed bank loans till March 31, 2020|
|Benefit:||Financial assistance through waiving off the bank loan up to Rs. 50,000/-|
|Major Objective:||To provide financial assistance to the farmers and empower them|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to empowering the farmers
- This scheme aims to provide a financial assistance by waiving off the loans amount up to Rs. 50,000/- for the farmers to avoid the constant burden of repayment of loans and the linked vicious circle of debts
- Farmers just need to deposit Re. 1 as security fee to avail the benefit under the scheme
- It aims to encourage the financial stability across the state.
- It will better the way of living of these farmers and their families.
- It will boost the rural economy of the state in the long run.
- Mukhyamantri Krishi Wrin Mafi Yojana was launched by the State Agriculture Minister, Badal Patralekha on February 1, 2021, at Ramkrishna Mission Ashram auditorium, Ranchi
- This scheme was announced in December 2020, by CM Hemant Soren
- Under this scheme, loans availed by the farmers up to March 31, 2020 will be waived off by the state government till a limit of Rs. 50,000/-
- Marking the start of the scheme, government waived off the loan up to Rs. 50,000/- of the first beneficiary, Molindra Besra a small farmer of Jamtara block, Tarabhal village,
- Under this scheme benefit will be provided to about 9 lakh farmers in the state
- It is an online scheme whereby all the processing will be done online itself
- Basic requirement under this scheme is bank account linkage with Aadhaar card
- About 6 lakh farmers have the accounts linked to Aadhaar card , about 3 lakhs are still to be linked
- A portal will be developed by the National Informatics Centre for this scheme and thereby all the details of the farmers, loans availed, bank details, etc will be uploaded on the website
- Deputy Commissioners will perform the verification of the details, claims, etc
- After successful verification, farmers will have to deposit Re. 1 as security fee at the service centre or bank branch to avail the benefit
- One person per household will be allowed to avail the benefit under this scheme
- This scheme will relieve the farmers from the vicious circle of high interest debt and constant burden of repayment.
- This scheme mainly aims at welfare of farmers
- A total of Rs. 2000 crore is sanctioned for this scheme by the government