Tripura government has launched a new fisheries scheme in the state named Mukhyamantri Nibir Matsyachash Prakalpa Scheme. The scheme launch was undertaken by Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on March 30, 2022. This scheme is launched mainly for promoting fish production in the state. It intends to increase the production through biofloc technology which is environment friendly. This technique can be installed at a low investment. It will ensure increased fish production through environment conscious means. This scheme will create new employment and self-employment opportunities in the state. It intends to make the state self-reliant in agriculture and fisheries. CM has allocated Rs 6 crores in the budget for this scheme.
|Scheme||Mukhyamantri Nibir Matsyachash Prakalpa Scheme.|
|Scheme under||Tripura Government|
|Launch date||March 30, 2022|
|Launched by||CM Biplab Kumar Deb|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers, entrepreneurs in the fisheries sector|
|Main Benefit||Increased use of biofloc technology for fish production|
|Main objective||To promote fish production in the state thereby making the state self-reliant in agriculture and fisheries|
- This scheme will promote development of fisheries sector in the state.
- It will fill the gaps in the fisheries sector through the use of technology.
- It will generate direct and indirect employment generation in the state.
- This scheme will contribute to the fisheries exports.
- It will double the income of fisheries farmers thereby developing the fisheries sector in the state.
- Applicant farmer/ entrepreneur must be a permanent resident of Tripura state.
- He/ she must be undertaking activities in the fisheries sector of the state.
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Fish farming land details
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo
- Yet to be notified