The Delhi Government has announced a scheme to promote solar energy in the state. Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme (MSPS) will help domestic consumers to install solar panels and government will provide incentive of Rs. 2 per unit of electricity. The Delhi cabinet has approved the scheme and it will be launched soon.
What is Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme (MSPS)? A government of Delhi scheme to promote solar energy under which government via private companies will install rooftop solar panels on the Delhi houses. The consumers will get electricity at the subsidy of Rs. 2 per unit.
- To promote use of clean energy
- To reduce pollution
- To reduce use of electricity via conventional sources
Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme Benefits:
- Free rooftop solar panel installation
- Subsidy of Rs. 2 per unit of electricity
- The electricity to cost just Rs. 1 per unit
Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme Eligibility:
- Delhi residents
- Individual houses and
How to apply for the Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme (MSPS)?
Detailed information and application forms for the Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme will be available with the power/electricity department office. They will provide further guidance on the application of the scheme.
Mukhyamantri Solar Power Scheme Highlights & Implementation:
- Scheme to promote installation of roof-top solar panels
- Domestic consumers to get subsidy / generation-based incentive (GBI) of Rs. 2 per unit on the electricity bills
- Delhi Power Department to implement the scheme
- The scheme to be implemented under Renewable Energy Service Company [RESCO] model
- Domestic consumers doesnt need to pay anything to install the solar panels
- Government will tie up with the private companies and they will install the solar panels on the citizens roof-tops
- Under the scheme the electricity can even be given free to those societies or apartment which has huge space for solar installation
- Delhi already has 100 megawatts (MW) of solar power capacity installed
- Out of these 5 MW was generated from the individual houses and apartments/housing societies
- A budget of Rs. 10 crore is allocated for the scheme in 2016-17
- Where as a budget of Rs. 20 crores are allocated in FY 2017-18