Jharkhand Government has launched Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana (MSY) for girl child in the state. Incentives / financial assistance will be given to the girls starting from her birth till she gets married.
The primary objective of the scheme is to stop female feticide & improve male to female sex ration in the state. It also aims to stop early marriages. The scheme encourages the girls & empowers them.
The Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das launched he scheme. 26 lakh families will get benefited from the scheme. 26 families in the state will get benefits of the scheme. Some of the benefits will be transferred to the girl`s mothers account directly & post that it will be directly transfered to the girl childs bank account.
|Scheme:||Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana (MSY)|
|Launch Date:||January 2019|
|Launched By:||CM Raghubar Das|
|Beneficiaries:||Girls from the BPL families in Jharkhand|
|Benefits:||Financial assistance (incentives of Rs. 40,000) from birth to education & marriage.|
|Eligibility:||BPL families with girl child in Jharkhand|
|Helpline (Toll-free Number):||NA|
- Rs. 5,000 on the birth of girl child
- Rs. 5000 on admission in 1st standard
- Rs. 5,000 on passing 5th standard
- Rs. 5,000 on passing 8th standard
- Rs. 5,000 on passing 10th standard & taking admission in 11th class
- Rs. 5000 on passing 12th standard
- Rs. 10,000 on completion of 18 years of age if the girl is not married
- Applicable to girls in Jharkhand only
- Applicable to girls born in those families in BPL list in SECC-2011
- Family income must be less than Rs. 72 thousand per year
- Last incentive of Rs. 10,000 will be given only if the if the girl is not married till the age of 18 year
List of Documents Required for MSY Application:
- Proof of residence
- Girl`s birth certificate
- Parents Aadhaar card
- Girl`s mark-sheets & admission proofs
NOTE: These are the basic list of documents required for Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana, please check with the concerned government department for exact list of documents.
Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana (MSY) Application Forms & How to Apply?
MSY application forms & application procedure details can be obtained from the gram panchayat offices in villages, block offices or municipal corporation office. Application application forms & online applications are not available as of now for the MSY.