Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban scheme is a state government scheme which provides Grants/Scholarships to students for Higher education. This scheme was launched in the year 2015 by the former CMO Gujarat, Smt. Anandiben Patel, this scheme applies across Gujarat state. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to students pursuing higher education and thereby empower youth.
Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana (MYSY) Overview:
|Scheme name:||Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana|
|Launched on:||September 24, 2015|
|Launched by:||Gujarat Government|
|Beneficiaries:||Students pursuing higher education|
|State applicable to:||Gujarat|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance for fee payment to students while pursuing Higher education.
- The scheme also provides grants for books and accommodation
- It aims to uplift the students deprived of higher education due to lack of financial assistance.
- Improving overall quality of education for everyone in the state, in the long run.
- This scheme covers educational courses as well as in some cases it also covers accommodation, books and uniforms (if any)
- It helps the students to choose out of many options available and study more
- State government will also monitor/ keep a check on the fee structure of the institutes/ colleges to make sure even the people from lower income backgrounds get a chance to avail higher education.
- Good quality of education for all is also a criterion under this scheme.
- This scheme is applicable for students who are residents of Gujrat
- It is applicable to only those students whose total annual income of the family is not more than 4.5 lakhs
- Class 10th and 12th students will avail the scheme benefit only if they score 90% in the board exams
- For availing the scheme benefit students can apply for only the subjects and streams covered under the scheme
Courses covered under the scheme:
- Medical research institutes and dental college
- Higher education in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Homeopathy, Engineering and Ayurveda
- BA, BSc or Bed courses
- Diploma to degree
- Proof of residence/Domicile
- Notarized affidavit
- Admission receipt and Fee receipt
- In case of accommodation- Hostel admission and fee receipts
- Income certificate and
- Bank Account details
How to enroll:
- For enrolling under Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana, the candidate must visit the official site @ mysy.guj.nic.in
- Click for new registration, fill in the details like name, mobile no., valid email Id, birth date, enrollment year, stream, course etc.
- Then click on Get password and the candidate will be provided with password
- Next step is to login with same password and complete the form with income details, address, bank details etc. and then Click on Submit.
- After successful submission a reference code will be given to the candidate, this code will be used to track the status of admission later.
- Students are also allowed for offline submissions for which the application form is to be downloaded and printed, then fill in the details and attach photo and other documents and get it verified and submit it at the centre/ respective department
- For medical (GMERS) and dental courses – 1 lakh for a period of 5 years
- For Engineering, Ayurveda, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Homeopathy etc – Rs. 50,000 Rs per year
- For BA, B.Ed., BSc and more – Rs. 10,000 per year
- For 10th and 12th – Rs. 25,000 per year or half the fees amount whichever is less.
- This scheme is categorized under state government schemes
- Estimated budget for paying fees under this scheme is Rs. 100 Cr.
- Students from Science, Commerce, Arts, Technical, Non-technical, Medical fields, all are benefited under this scheme
- Students having parents associated/ working with state government will be given an age benefit of 5 years
- For 10th and 12th standard students’ grants are also available for purchasing books and other material
- Applications and enrollments under this scheme are open for students every year
- Applications for the year 20-21 are yet to be announced
- No discrimination will be made on religion, sex, caste or creed under this scheme, all the students eligible for the scheme will get the benefit