On August 7, 2020, on the occasion of National Handloom Day, ‘My handloom portal’ was launched. The portal is a one single platform for all the information and schemes related to the handloom industry. This portal was launched by our Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child Development, Smt. Smriti Irani. The portal is a one stop platform for both, weavers and the handloom producers.
|Portal name:||My Handloom Portal|
|Launched under:||Government of India|
|Launched by:||Union Textiles and Women& Child Development, Smt. Smriti Irani|
|Launch date:||August 7, 2020|
|Major Objective:||To create a one stop reliable and transparent platform for weavers and handloom producers|
My Handloom Portal – Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the portal is to provide a platform for individual weavers and organisations/ handloom owners to get information, enroll for schemes and market their produce
- It is an easy to use platform with just one ‘Sign-in’ for all the information and enrollments
- It will provide official information about all the handloom schemes functioning in the country
- The applicants can also track the real time status of their applications with utmost transparency
- The portal will also provide an opportunity to market the produce
- Portal will be linked to e-office and DBT portal
- It will thereby lead to promotion and development of Indian handloom and textile industry in the long run.
My Handloom Portal – Features:
- One can visit the portal @ hadlooms.nic.in
- The portal is integrated to e-office and DBT portal
- It is user friendly and easy to use
- Portal is available in English as well as Hindi language
- It has an option to adjust the Font size as per the comfort of the user
- Real time information and Real time tracking of applications can be done.
- Everything about Indian handloom industry can be found on one single portal, from various schemes and initiatives to marketing events and statistics and publications.
- Weavers database is also available on the portal
- Weavers and Handloom organisations can not only enrol under various schemes on the portal but also, participate in various marketing events, craft melas, enrol for stalls, etc
- A toll-free helpline no. -1800-208-9988 is available on the portal for assistance
- My handloom portal is designed by National Informatics Centre
- It is a user-friendly portal mainly launched for a one step platform for everything related to handlooms.
- It is an integrated platform for all the stakeholders, weavers, state agencies, apex bodies, cooperative societies and other organisations
- Along with the inauguration of my handloom portal, a mobile app and backend website for Handloom Mark scheme was also launched’
- This portal has one single login, as the information will be retained.
- This portal is a step towards the initiative of Aatmanirbhar Bharat