The Nai Udaan-Scheme for Support for Minority Students is for the support to the minority community candidates clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commission’s etc. It expects proactive measures for those communities that lag behind. It encourages the candidates by earmarking of targets on Self- employment and Wage employment and Recruitment to State and Central Services. It provides pre-examination coaching for competitive examinations in government and private institutions for candidates from minority communities. The objective of the scheme to increase the number of minority candidates in the Civil Services by giving direct financial support to candidates clearing Preliminary Examination of Group A and B (Gazetted and non-Gazetted posts of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC); State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc. Nai Udaan scheme is given upto maximum 800 candidates every year.
Benefits of the Nai Udaan scheme:
- Amount of financial assistance will be given to those candidates who have cleared the prelims conducted by UPSC, SSC, SPSC etc. as follow
- The rate of financial assistance will be maximum Rs. 50,000/- for Gazetted Post
- The financial assistance will be given of Rs. 20,000/- for Non-Gazetted Post
- The selected candidate will get 100% financial support through a nationalise bank as this is a central sector scheme
- Nai Udaan scheme is given to 800 candidates throughout the country on a merit basis. The physical distribution of benefits to different notified minority communities are as follow: Muslims (568), Christians (96), Sikh (80), Buddhists (32), Parsis (7), Jains (17)
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Applying Nai Udaan scheme:
- The candidate/student should belong to one of the Minority Communities and should have passed the Prelims Examination conducted by union Public Service Commission (UPSC); State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family should not more than Rs. 4.5 lakh from all resources
- The benefits of this scheme is availed by a candidate only once. The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from any other similar Scheme of the Central Government of India or State Governments /UT Administrations
- In case the candidate decides to opt for other Schemes; he/she will have to forgo the claim from this Ministry and refund the amount if already availed with 10% interest. He/she needs to give an affidavit to the effect, that he /she is not availing such benefit from any other source
Document Required for Applying Nai Udaan scheme:
- Scanned images of photograph and specimen signature
- Self-declaration of belonging to minority community
- Self-Declaration of annual income of the family from all sources
- Scanned image of an ID proof document like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Passport, Ration Card, BPL Card etc.
- Scanned image of a cancelled cheque of bank account of the candidate to verify the account number and banks IFSC Code
- Scanned image of a notarized affidavit on non-judicial paper of Rs. 5 to the effect that the candidate is not availing or have not availed financial assistance from any other source
- Scanned image of admit card of the particular examination
- Scanned image of roll number slip with copy of result page on which the roll number is reflecting
- The candidates have to submit their applications online only on the website: http://naiudaan-moma.gov.in/Home/FormsnGuidelines
- The candidates are required to first register themselves on above website by clicking on ‘Register’ in the green box provided on the right side pane
- Registration number, password and all important communications are sent to registered Email ID only. The candidates are therefore required to check their email regularly.
- On clicking the save button after filling necessary data and uploading photograph, specimen signature and other necessary documents, a message regarding successful registration appears and system generated registration number, user ID and password are sent on the registered email ID of the candidate.
- Subsequently the candidates are required to login again using their user ID and password and fill information related to their preliminary examination, upload necessary documents and click ‘submit’ button. A message regarding successful submission of the application is generated by the system
- The candidate can take printout of the application for their reference and record
- All correspondence in respect of scholarship can contact to: Ministry of Minority Affairs, Coaching Division, 11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhavan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone number: 011-24364310
- Helpline number: 1800-11-20011 (Toll Free)
References & Details:
- For more information and application form student can visit the following links: http://naiudaan-moma.gov.in/