National Bamboo Mission (NBM) is a central government scheme launched in 2006-7. This scheme was launched under the National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). The main aim of this scheme is to boost the growth of bamboo sector as a whole. It also aims at increasing the bamboo plantation in non-forest government and private lands. The cabinet approved Restructured National Bamboo Mission on April 25, 2018.
|Scheme Name:||National Bamboo Mission|
|Launched by:||Government of India|
|Launched under:||National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)|
|Main Objective:||To promote cultivation of bamboo and thereby develop the bamboo sector as a whole|
|Beneficiaries:||Bamboo cultivators/farmers across various states|
- The main objective of the scheme is to boost the growth of bamboo industry
- It aims at increasing the bamboo cultivation in non forest government and private lands to supplement farm income
- The scheme tends to improve post-harvest management processes.
- It also aims at reducing the dependency on the imports of bamboo and bamboo products
- This scheme will benefit all the farmers, artisans and other people involved in the bamboo industry
- It will increase the employment opportunities in bamboo and bamboo-based handicrafts industries
- This scheme will directly benefit farmers with their land area under cultivation
- It will establish 4000 treatment and product development units
- Bamboo production will increase the farm productivity as a whole
Area covered under the scheme:
- This scheme after restructuring will cover only the states with maximum social, commercial and economical advantage
- States covered are North eastern regions in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Odisha, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Bihar, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Kerala
Priority Species under the scheme:
- Bambusa Balcooa
- Bambusa Bambos
- Bambusa Nutans
- Bambusa Tulda
- Bambusa Pallida
- Bambusa Vulgaris
- Dendrocalamus asper
- Dendrocalamus Strictus
How to Register:
For registering under the National Bamboo Mission, the farmer can visit the official portal @ nbm.nic.in.
- Go through all the guidelines, FAQs and details available explaining the mission
- Then click on the ‘Farmer Registration’ tab on the right side on the home page
- You will be redirected to the NMSA registration page
- Fill in the required details. Select the state, district, village, block from the dropdown list. Enter full name, father’s name, gender, DOB, Aadhaar no., category, address details and pin code
- Also enter a valid mobile no. and email ID. The same will be used for further communication
- Then click on Submit
- After successful registration, the farmer can login and avail the services.
- For logging in, visit the home page and click on the Log in tab on the left side of the page
- Then enter the User ID and Password confirmed after registration.
- Enter the captcha code and click on Login.
- After logging in, provide the additional details required like bank account details, passport size photo, etc
- Then click on submit
For any query/clarification/suggestion one can:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org