The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt of India has launched National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 (NYPF). The primary objective of the event is to encourage youth in the nation building. The voice is heard on the platform & use their innovative ideas to solution some of the most common problems of the country.
The initiative was discussed by PM Narendra Modi in the Mann Ki Baat on 31st December 2018. He gave an idea of youth parliament where youth from 18-25 years sit & brainstorm together about new India.
What is Youth Parliament? An initiative of the Govt of India for youth to hear their voices about new India & encourage them to participate in the nation building.
Objectives of National Youth Parliament Festival:
- To encourage youth to participate in nation building
- To hear from them, their ideas & opinion
- To create a vision of new India 2022
- To use their ideas & solutions in decision making
National Youth Festival Format, Levels & Selection Process:
- Level 1 – District Youth Parliament (DYP): Youth parliament will be conducted at the district level. Its a primilinary round of selection which will be based on the digital & walk-in. The selection committee will hear each of the participants for 2-3 mins based on which top 50 participants & then top 3 will be selected from each of the district.
- Level 2 – State Youth Parliament (SYP): A state level parliament for those selected in DYP. Top 2 from each of the state will be selected.
- Level 3 – National Youth Parliament (NYP): National level parliament where the winners will be announced. Final evaluation & screening will be done based on which best speaker will be selected at the national level.
National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 Dates:
- Registrations (Digital Process): 12th to 18th January, 2019 (register & upload your speech videos to YouTube)
- District Level Screening Process (Walk-in Process): 17th to 19th January, 2019
- District Youth Parliament (DYP): 24th to 28th January, 2019
- State Youth Parliament (SYP): 05 th to 07th February, 2019
- National Youth Parliament (NYP): 23rd to 24th February, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Participation:
- Age Limit: Participant must belong to age group of 18 to 25 years
Document Required for NYP Participation:
- Age proof (in original): class 10 certificate / birth certificate / passport / voter ID card / driving license / pan card / Aadhaar card
- A true copy of any of above mentioned document needs to be provided to the organizers
National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 Registrations:
STEP 1: CLICK HERE to go to the myGov official portal`s NYP page (innovate.mygov.in/youth-parliament)
STEP 2: Read all the instructions carefully. Scroll to the bottom & click on Login To Participate button or CLICK HERE for direct link
STEP 3: Register yourself. You can register with Facebook/Google/Twitter/LinkedIn etc
STEP 4: CLICK HERE to login
STEP 5: Follow the instructions to complete the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 registrations