The Government of Odisha launched State Food Security Scheme (SFSS) for poor in the state. The scheme will provide rice at the rate of Rs. 1 per kilogram to the poor in the state. The main objective of the scheme is to make sure that everyone has food and no one is left out without food.
The scheme is primarily for those who were left out of National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA). 18 lakh people were left out of the schemes. All such people will now get 5 Kg rice every month at the subsidized rate of Rs. 1 per Kg.
What is State Food Security Scheme (SFSS): Odisha government scheme to provide subsidized food for poor in the state.
- To accomplish their vision of food for all
- To make sure all the poor and marginal families afford basic food
State Food Security Scheme Benefits:
- 5 Kg rice per month at the rate of Rs. 1 per Kg
State Food Security Scheme Eligibility:
- Residents of Odisha state only
- Applicable only to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
How to apply for State Food Security Scheme?
- Application is not required for the scheme
- Odisha government will identify list of beneficiaries based on BPL list who are left out in the National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA)
- All such families will be given the benefits of the scheme, they don’t need to apply for fill in application form for the scheme
State Food Security Scheme: Highlights & Implementation
- The scheme is fully funded by the Odisha government
- 18.32 lakh people are already identified as beneficiary of the scheme
- All these people will start getting cheap rice starting from 2nd Oct 2018
- Remaining 6.68 lakh will be added to the beneficiary list and start getting cheap rice by 10th Oct 2018
- 6.70 lakh families i.e. 25 lakh people will get benefits of the scheme
- Odisha government requested central government to add these 25 lakh people in the NFS beneficiaries list
- Center government rejected the request and hence state government started the scheme
- 326 lakh beneficiaries are already getting benefits of the scheme based on the SECC 2011 census data