The Yogi Government in Uttar Pradesh has announced One District One Product Yojana to develop all 75 districts of the Uttar Pradesh. Under the scheme core competencies of each of the districts in UP will be identified, encouraged and supported. The goal is to increased the production of the popular goods item from respective districts, create more job and business opportunities.
PM Modi spoke about the One District One Product Yojana during election campaign in Uttar Pradesh 2017.
In one of his speech PM Modi said Uttar Pradesh has lot more to give apart from history, culture and spatiality. Each of the UP districts are are known for certain products and his government will identify them and work on increasing production and job opportunities in those districts.
One District One Product first introduced in Japan.
- Japan`s Oita state governor Morihito Hiramatsu launched similar scheme in 1979
- Thailand PM Thksin Sumatra implemented One District One Product scheme between 2001-2006
- China, Malaysia, Philipins too has the same scheme
One District One Product Yojana Implementation:
- UP Government has created 6 primary categories: raw materials, finance, design, structure testing lab, training and development display, exhibition and marketing
- District officers are given responsibility of the implementation of the scheme. They will create a committee (a expert panel) for implementation of One District One Product Yojana
- Men will be given Rs. 1 lakh and women will get Rs. 1.5 lakh loan subsidy who want to run their businesses under the scheme
- Stamp duty exemption too will be given to those who want to start their MSME. In Bundelkhand and Purvanchal it will be 100% free, where as Madhyanchal and Pashimanchal regions it will be 70% and 50% free.
Vishwakarma Labour Honour Scheme:
Interest grant and margin money grant facility would be provided to local artisans and traditional entrepreneurs. Consolidated village fund will be setup at block level.