A 24 member committee of Rajya Sabha members Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill Panel has proposed One Nation One Permit One Tax system. The bill comes after huge demands by the citizens who needs to migrate to different states for job, business or other purposes. They need to repay road tax for their vehicles though they have already paid all road taxes in the state where they first bought vehicles. Many had to pay these taxes again along with fines levied by the state governments or got their vehicles or documents seized.
Early passage of the Motor Vehicles Bill amendment.
The will be presented in this current winter session of the parliament and the Road and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari expects the bill to be passed in the current winter session of the parliament.
Some of the important highlights of the Motor Vehicles Bill amendment 2017:
- The bill has provisions to prevent corruptions
- Wearable cameras for traffic police and enforcement officers
- Hefty fines for traffic rules violations
- Rs. 5 lakh for grave injuries in road accidents
- The bill takes care of the state interests as well and does not infringes the rights of the state