On July 28, 2020, the Telangana government announced One Time Scheme. This scheme is mainly for the property tax payers in the state. Under this scheme the tax accumulated arrears/ dues are exempted up to 90% and now the tax payers are required to pay only 10% of the dues. In this crucial period of financial crisis, this scheme has come up as a big relief to the property tax payers. It is applicable to all the non-government properties across the state.
|Scheme name:||One Time Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||Telangana Government|
|Eligible Beneficiaries:||Property tax payers across the state|
|Scheme Duration:||August 1 – September 15|
- The main objective is to provide a relief to the tax payers to overcome the financial crisis.
- It aims to motivate the property tax payers to pay and get all the dues cleared
- It aims to ensure adequate funds for all the ULBs
- It also aims to stabilize the economy of the state in the long run.
- This scheme will help the property tax payers to pay the principal amount with only 10% of the accumulated dues, interest. 90% of the burden of dues is relieved.
- It will help the tax payers to finish off the payment without any financial burden.
- This scheme benefits will be available for all the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) including Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)
- All the property tax payers across the state
- This scheme will be effective from August 1, 2020 to September 15, 2020 in all the ULBs of the state including GHMC
- This scheme will help the taxpayers to clear the tax dues till 209-20 along with 10% interest
- Prior to scheme formulation, Total 5.64 lakh properties were assessed and then total arrears were calculated as Rs. 1,477.86 Cr. from last 2 decades and interest accumulated was Rs. 1017.76 Cr.
- Reasons for such arrears were found as over tax assessment, vacancy of premises, family disputes, dilapidated structures etc.
- Municipal Administration and Urban development (MA&UD) department instructed the GHMC and other Commissioners have been instructed to conduct wide publicity campaigns to create awareness about the scheme