The government of Goa has announced a new scheme called as Open Defecation Free Scheme (ODFS) in the state. The objective of the scheme is to make the defecation free state. The scheme is part of the Swach Bharat Abhiyan and will be launched soon. Under the scheme, 60,000 bio-toilets will be constructed across the state in important public places. The scheme is going to cost Rs 280 crore. The scheme announcement is made by the Chief Minister Shree. Manohar Parrikar in Legislative Assembly. To make state Open Defecation Free, these 60000 bio-toilets will be installed in the state, under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Tenders for purchasing this 60,000 bio-toilets will be released on 12th August 2018 by the state-run Goa Waste Management Corporation (GWMC).
To implement and procure 60,000 bio-toilets in two to three months the government is planning to hire seven to eight contractors. Each of the bio-toilets will cost Rs. 35,000 – Rs. 40,000 depending on the quality of the toilets. The total cost of this project is Rs 280 Crore. The Department of Panchayat (DoP) and Rural Development Agency (RDA) will provide assistance to implement the scheme.
What is Open Defecation Scheme (ODF)? A government of Goa scheme to make a state open defecation free by installing bio-toilets across the state.
Open Defecation Free Scheme (ODFS): Objective
- To make state open defecation free
- To generate awareness about cleanliness
- To promote hygiene and cleanliness
- To stop various deceases which are spread due to open defecation
Open Defecation Free Scheme (ODFS): Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Permanent residents of Goa
- Families in urban and rural areas in the state
Open Defecation Free Scheme (ODFS): Application form & How to apply?
The scheme is just announced and yet to be launched. The application form and step by step application procedure is not available as of now.
Open Defecation Free Scheme (ODFS): Implementation & HIghlights
- The government of Goa will launch a new scheme called Open Defecation Free (ODF) in the state
- 60,000 bio-toilets will be installed at the cost of Rs 280 crore
- These bio-toilets will be installed under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) scheme
- Goa West Management Corporation (GWMC) will release tenders for purchasing bio-toilets by August 12
- Goa West Management Corporation (GWMC) will give assistance from the Department of Panchayat (DoP) and Rural Development Agency (RDA) for implementing this scheme
- Depending upon quality, each toilet cost is in between Rs 35,000 & Rs 40,000
- 70% of the beneficiaries have own land under this scheme for setting up toilets in their house
- If it is found difficult to get land, the government will build community toilets
Other Important Schemes
- List of schemes & subsidies in Goa
- List of schemes for Health Sector
- List of schemes for Development Sector