The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has announced a new scheme for Phd aspirants across India. Overseas Doctoral Fellowship (ODF) Program, under the scheme students can perceive their doctoral research in the abroad in some of worlds best universities. The board will provide fellowship along with to and fro tickets to the selected candidates.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) was established through an Act of Parliament (SERB Act 2008 Department of Science & Technology, Government of India) and the board facilitates higher studies and research in science and technologies.
SERB Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Benefits:
- Master degree holders can perceive their Ph.D abroad
- Provides an opportunities to study in some of the worlds best universities
- SERB provides fellowship of $2000 per month for the duration of 4 years
- One time contingency and preparatory allowances of Rs. 60,000 to cover visa fees, medical insurance and airport transport charges etc
- Shortest routes economy air to and fro air tickets
- SERB has partnered with top universities across the globe
Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Program Eligibility:
- Only Indian nationals can apply for the scheme
- The applicant who has an admission letter from the approved university for Ph.D
SERB approved oversees universities: SERB has singed an agreement with following overseas universities and candidates.
- Stanford University, USA
- Cambridge University, UK
- University of Southern California, USA
- Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Rice University, USA
- University of California, Irvine, USA
- The State University of New York, University at Buffalo, USA
- University of British Columbia, Canada
Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Program: Required Documents
- Applicant`s resume
- Invitation/admission letter from the overseas university
- Other documents such as identity proof, date of birth and caste certificates, photo, scanned signature, educational certificates may be required too
How to apply for Overseas Doctoral Fellowship?
STEP 2: Register yourself
STEP 3: Login and provide all your personal, educational and professional details
STEP 4: Upload all the supporting documents
STEP 5: Submit your application and download the receipt for further reference