The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK. Some scholarships may be limited to one or the other university, or sometimes to specific colleges at the universities. OCSI seeks to elect at least one OCSI Scholar annually. The main objective of Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) scholarship is to support worthwhile Indian students financially to take up studies at Oxford/Cambridge Universities which has long been a favorite destination for Indian Students. Though the number of scholarships and the value of scholarships available under OCSI scholarship program is not fixed and it may vary from year to year depending upon the funds available and generosity of donors. The OCSI Scholarship is Equal Opportunity Scholarships i.e. OCSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, age, sex or ancestry while selecting its Scholars.
Benefits of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship:
Following award of scholarships will be given to the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lac only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Hilda’s College, University of Oxford.
- Special Gift: The candidate will also be offered the Richard and Lydia Evans Bursary for a gifted Indian Dalit student to study at Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge (full funding for an undergraduate student).
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- Assistance in fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification status from a leading financial institution
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of mentor and will support the OCSI during his/her stay at Oxford /Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardees.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship:
- The applicant must be an Indian national
- The applicant must be residing in India
- The applicant’s age should not exceed 30 years on 1st September 2017
- The applicant must be a graduate of any recognised University Located in India if applying to a second undergraduate or for a postgraduate course (applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards), or be from a school in India if applying for an undergraduate course.
- The applicant must have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford. Candidates are required to furnish the proof of admission to the Executive Committee members of OCSI before the scholarship fund would be released.
- The applicant must intend to pursue a course of study that is one of the following:
- Research leading to the Ph.D. degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters programs of various durations (including M. Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelor’s degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Bachelor’s degree program
- The applicant must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures. OCSI only grants scholarships and has no role to play in the admission process.
- Please note that relatives of the Executive Committee of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Application forms for OCSI scholarships will be available for students from February 2017. Students can access the application form by clicking on below link. https://goo.gl/46XvbA
- The application form duly filled must be submitted on or before the last date of the application
- The duly filled application form must be submitted via Email. Candidates are required to return a scanned copy of the completed form by email to the “Chair of the Scholarships the committee, The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India: at the email address given below. Email: [email protected]
- The short-listed candidates shall be informed by Mid June 2017, and later called for interview by the third week of July 2017.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to physically attend however OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi
- The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- No traveling allowance will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: Honorary Secretary, The Oxford & Cambridge Society of India, 20A, Palam Marg, New Delhi-110057, India
- E-mail: [email protected]
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship visit: http://www.oxbridgeindia.com/scholarships/ocsi-scholarship-guidelines/