The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) will be launching a Padhna Likhna Abhiyan: a campaign under which children will teach illiterate elderly family members. The HRD Minister Shri. Prakash Javdekar announced the scheme. School kids between 6th to 10th class will be encouraged to teach their parents, grand parents and relatives in the family. The objective of the campaign is to increase the literacy rate in the country and empower the illiterate.
The innovative Padhna Likhna Campaign will help in illiteracy irradiation in the country. The school kids can take up teaching assignments after their school. The Padhna Likhna Abhiyan will be launched in next 2 month across India.
What is Padhna Likhna Abhiyan? A literacy campaign under which school kids will be encouraged to teach illiterate family members.
The HRD Minister said as a kid he used to teach elderly members of him family and neighborers by teaching them to read and write. The campaign will help both students and elderly persons in the family.
Padhna Likhna Abhiyan Objectives:
- To increase the literacy rate in the country
- To make sure everyone can read and write
- To provide opportunity to educate for those who couldn’t get education
Padhna Likhna Abhiyan Benefits:
- School kids gets an opportunity to be Guruji/teacher of their family members
- Illiterate elders gets to learn for free
- School kids will be given study material required for teaching
Who can participate in Padhna Likhna Abhiyan?
- School kids studying in 6th till 10th class
- Their parents, grand parents etc
The most important objective of the campaign is to educate illiterate women in the society. It is important that the parents are educated so that they can inspire their kids and provide then correct guidance.