The Government of India announced Pashu Sanjivini Yojana (Animal UID Scheme) for 40 million cows in India. Government will provide AADHAAR like numbers to the cows. The scheme was proposed in 2015 and was called as Animal UID Scheme which is now renamed to Pashu Sanjivini Yojana in the Union Budget 2018-19. The budget of Rs. 50 crore has been alloted to the scheme. Pashu Sanjivini Yojana (Animal UID Scheme) to be implemented by Agriculture Ministry, Government of India.
Pashu Sanjivini Yojana (Animal UID Scheme): How it works?
- UID platform will be implemented for cows
- Polyurethane tags will be given to registered cows
- The tag will provide animal`s information such as the breed, age, sex, height and body marks
Pashu Sanjivini Yojana (Animal UID Scheme): Objective & Benefits
- Government wants to double the income of the people working in Animal and Husbandry Industry by 2022
- All the required information available in the chip will be used to provide various benefits and schemes to the farmers who own them
- All the vaccines will be given to the animals based on the information in the chip
Other Important Schemes for Farmers:
- List of government schemes & subsidies for farmers
- List of government agricultural scheme & subsidies