On August 7, 2021 the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched the DAKSH portal. This portal is launched for imparting skill development training to the targeted beneficiaries. It is developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with NeGD. This initiative mainly covers the Scheduled Caste Backward Class and Safai Karamcharis/ Sanitation Workers as beneficiaries. The portal is launched for easy access and registration of the beneficiaries for skill development training. It tends to provide as a single platform for providing details regarding the nearby training programmes, online registration, skill development schemes, etc. This initiative aims at helping the youth from Scheduled Caste Backward Class and Safai Karamcharis/ Sanitation Workers category to develop their skills. It will also help them to build their skills and get relevant employment, self-employment and wage employment opportunities.
|Portal name:||PM-DAKSH portal|
|Category:||Skill development portal|
|Portal under:||Central Government|
|Launched By:||Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar|
|Launch Date:||August 7, 2021|
|Developed by:||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and NeGD|
|Beneficiaries:||Youth from Scheduled Caste Backward Class and Safai Karamcharis/ Sanitation Workers categories|
|Objective:||To provide a platform to the target beneficiaries for accessing various skill development training programmes through online mode|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the portal is to provide a made in India platform for accessing skill development training
- This portal provides as an open source of information regarding various skill development training programmes being held nearby
- The portal functions as a one stop window for the youth from targeted groups like Scheduled Caste Backward Class and Safai Karamcharis/ Sanitation Workers.
- Beneficiaries will get information regarding upskilling, reskilling, short term training, long term training and entrepreneurship development training programmes
- The portal will enable the beneficiary to find and register online for any nearby skill development training programme.
- Through this portal the beneficiary will be able to upload required documents easily
- This initiative aims at benefiting about 50,000 beneficiaries in this current year, 2021-22.
Key Points and Features:
- PM-DAKSH portal is launched by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar on August 7, 2021.
- Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi scheme was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in the year 2020-21.
- This scheme was launched for providing skill development training programmes to the Scheduled Caste Backward Class and Safai Karamcharis/ Sanitation Workers.
- PM-DAKSH portal is launched in line of this scheme.
- It is developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with NeGD.
- It aims at providing a single platform to the beneficiaries for accessing location-based skill development training programmes nearby
- It will also help the beneficiaries to register themselves for skill training programme
- The portal will assist the youth from the targeted groups for upgrading themselves and thereby availing new employment and self-employment opportunities.
- This initiative will be implemented through National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation, National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation and National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation.
- These institutions also provide concessional loans for the beneficiary youth along with free training for skill development.
- This initiative will help them become self-reliant and help them earn a livelihood.
- The homepage URL for PM-DAKSH portal is https://pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in
- This portal is for easy access for the youths from SC, BC and Sanitation workers groups.
- It has improved UI/UX design and is user friendly.
- The portal has separate registration and login tabs
- Interested beneficiary can register himself on the portal through the same and login thereby to access nearby skill development training programmes
- The portal also has various FAQs answered
- It also has a support section for handling various grievances, suggestions and issues
- offline content, etc
- PM-DAKSH app is also available for download on Google play store
- This initiative will help in improving the skills and competencies of the SC, Backward class and Sanitation workers categories and thereby contribute to their overall development and social welfare.