Under PM Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) is offering scholarships to class 12th students from Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh for the academic year 2020-21. This scholarship is offered to help the young students from J&K and Ladakh, who lag behind due to insufficient money for higher education. It also encourages the students to study outside the state J&K. The last date to register under this scheme is July 31, 2020.
|Scholarship Scheme:||PM Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Offered by:||AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education)|
|Beneficiaries:||12th Passed Students of J&K and Ladakh|
|Benefits:||Financial Help for Academic Fee & Hostel Fee|
|Applicable State:||Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh|
|Total no. of scholarships:||5000|
|Official Notification:||Click Here|
- To provide financial support for academic fee:
- For general degree: upto Rs. 30,000/- yearly
- For professional degree (Engg./Nursing/ Pharmacy/Hotel Management/Architecture): upto Rs. 1.25 Lakh yearly
- For Medical/BDS or equivalent degree: upto Rs. 3.00 Lakh yearly
- To provide financial help for Hostel fee: Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh yearly
- Starting Date of Registration: 6th July, 2020
- Closing date of Registration: 31st July, 2020
- The scheme was initiated to encourage students from Jammu and Kashmir to pursue undergraduate studies outside the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It aims to give assistance to young students who lag behind due to no sufficient money or inability to pay fees for higher education.
- It aims at boosting the potential of students and giving them exposure
- The candidate must be a resident of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh only.
- Must have passed 12 th examination in academic year 2019-20 or 2018-19 only
from J&K Board
- The family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8.0 Lakh per annum.
Steps to Apply:
Following are the steps to be followed for Registration and Filling the application form:
- Visit the AICTE website – aicte-india.org/bureaus/jk/2020-2021
- Scroll down the page and Go through all the information, guidelines, video tutorials available for understanding the eligibility and process in detail.
- After understanding the guidelines and terms click on the tab ‘PMSSS 20-21 Registration’
- Then click on 12th Registration (2020-21) tab on the left corner.
- Fill in the details like- your Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Domicile income, marks secured in 12th , Board name, Aadhar no. and a valid email ID and mobile no.
- Then click on Register.
- After registering you will get a Login Id and Password for logging In and completing the application form. You will get these details on your registered email id and password
- Log in with the received Id and Password and Fill in the application form and upload your scanned passport sized photo and signature.
- After filling all the details, click on submit and take a printout of your form for verification at the nearest Facilitation centre. List of verification centres is given by AICTE.
- To check the list, Click on aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in/ and go to ‘Facilitation cum Document verification centres for AY 20-21 under PMSSS’ tab.
Original documents are to be shown for verification, along with the hard copy of application form submitted at the verification centre. Following is the list:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet
- 12th Standard Mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate, Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Valid Caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC (if applicable)
|General Degree||Up to Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 1 lakh||2070|
|Up to Rs. 1.25 Lakhs||Rs. 1 Lakh||2830|
|Up to Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 1 Lakh||100|
|Total No. of|
- After verification of documents at the centre, a choice filling window will open for successfully verified candidates. The students will be allowed to fill in the names of colleges as per their preference
- Once the window is blocked on the last date, no changes can be made in the college names
- Post that, a Merit list will be displayed and counselling will start online or
- AICTE will open counselling centres for registered students, it will be compulsory for all the registered students to be present at the centre.
- Seats will be allotted through proper counselling for admissions.