West Bengal government has come up with a new ration scheme named ‘Porijai Sahay’ for assisting the migrant workers in the state. State Labour department introduced the scheme and provided the scheme details. Under this scheme the state government will provide free monthly ration to the migrant workers in the state. The beneficiaries will get 5 kgs of food grains free of cost every month. The Labour department has notified about 2,833 migrant workers in the state. Benefit under this scheme will be provided to all the identified beneficiaries. This scheme tends to assist the migrant labourers across the state thus ensuring their welfare.
|Scheme under||West Bengal Government|
|Implemented By||State Labour Department|
|Beneficiaries||Migrant workers and their dependents in the state|
|Benefit||Free monthly ration including 5 kgs of food grains|
|Major Objective||To ensure good health and welfare of the migrant workers in the state|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide food to the migrant workers to help them overcome their hunger issues.
- Under this scheme, state government will provide free monthly ration including 5 kgs of food grains each to the migrant labourers.
- This scheme will ensure basic food to the workers and their families in these tough times of the pandemic.
- Pandemic affected many migrant workers, wherein they even faced hunger issues due to financial constraints. Thus, this scheme will ensure no one in the state starves without food.
- It aims at enhancing the overall health conditions of the migrant workers across the state.
- It will tend to help the workers with basic food and will thereby ensure their social security and welfare.
- West Bengal Labour Department has announced Porijai Sahay Scheme for the migrant workers in the state.
- Under this scheme, the state government will provide free monthly ration to the migrant workers in the state.
- Dependents of the migrant workers will also be eligible for free ration.
- The beneficiaries will get 5 kgs of food grains free of cost every month.
- About 2,833 migrant workers are identified in the state under this scheme.
- The representative of Labour department will visit the doorstep of the migrant worker and give them coupons.
- Using the coupon, workers can easily get the allotted free ration under the scheme through any ration shop.
- Details of the identified migrant workers will be safely recorded in the database.
- The same database will also be shared with the State Food and Supplied department.
- The state government is making efforts to ensure that no one starves or faces hunger issues in the state.
- Migrant workers are affected financially in this pandemic and thus the state government tends to provide basic food security to the migrant workers.
- It is aimed to ensure social security and welfare of the migrant workers in the state.