Pradhan mantra suraksha bima yojna (PMSBY) is the scheme introduce by central government under the pradhan mantri jan dhan yojna for accidental recovery of the beneficiary. The main aim of this scheme is to provide Accident Insurance offering accidental death and disability cover for death or disability on account of an accident. PMSBY is one kind of insurance with minimum premium and maximum benefits or return.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna
- Insurance of Rs 2, 00,000- In case of beneficiary’s death then his/her family will get benefit of sum Rs 2 Lakh.
- Insurance of Rs 2,00,000- In case of total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of one hand or one foot then the beneficiary will get benefit of 2 Lakh.
- Insurance of Rs 1,00,000-Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or one foot then the beneficiary will get benefit of 1 Lakh.
- Minimum premium amount Rs- 12/- per annum per member. The premium will be deducted from the account holder’s Post office Savings Account or bank account through „auto debit‟ facility.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna
- The candidate should have Nationalize bank account (e.g. HDFC,ICICI)
- The candidate should have completed 18 year of age and not more than 70 year.
Document required for registration
- Aadhar card.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna
- The candidate who wishes to join PMBSY can contact to Indian Post Office or HDFC Bank or ICICI Bank etc.
- Toll free no according to states- http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/StatewiseTollFree.pdf
Online registration form is available here
- Registration form of Indian post office- http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdf/Jansuraksha%20Scheme/Final_PMSBY_Consent_Cum_Declaration_Form.pdf
- Registration form of HDFC bank- http://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/pdf/Claim-Process-and-forms-for-PMSBY.pdf
- Application form of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna – http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMSBY/English/ApplicationForm.pdf#zoom=250
- Claim form of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna – http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMSBY/English/ClaimForm.pdf
For more information visit here