Government of India has launch a scheme called Pradhan Mantri e-Vidya Yojana for students. The scheme will help student from 1st to 12th grade. All the students across India can access online education during lock down. Government will provide 12 DTH channel for each 1st to 12th class. Online courses will be provided by top 100 universities, IITs, IIMs, institutes of eminence and national institutes etc. Government has given budget of Rs. 20 lakh crore for the scheme.
|Scheme:||Pradhan Mantri e-Vidya Yojana|
|Benefits:||Free online education|
|Beneficiaries:||1st to 12th class students|
|Launched By:||Government of India|
|Budget:||Rs. 20 lakh crore|
|Launch Date:||May 17, 2020|
- Free online education for 1st to 12th class student
- Educational courses on TV for students who do not have internet connection
- Dedicated helpline number for ques and ans
- Courses from best lecturers and professors from top IITs, IIMs, institutes of eminence and national institutes universities.
- Scheme is applicable for 1st to 12th class students
- Scheme is applicable across the India
Swayam Prabha DTH scheme:
Government has started Swayam Prabha DTH channels to boost digital education and support those student who can not access internet. 12 new channels will be added to the scheme under e-vidya scheme.
Swayam Prabha is HRD ministry’s scheme. Under the scheme 32 DTH free to air education channels with educational content. It includes subjects from arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities subjects, engineering, technology, medicine, and agriculture. This channel allows students to access four different subject daily & they can resolve their doubts via helpline number.