Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) is the mission launched by Mr. Narendra Modi Prime Minister of India in the year 2014 on his first Independence Day speech. The purpose of starting this missions is to make banking services like banking savings and deposit accounts, debit/credit card services, remittance, insurance, pension available for the poor people as well. Under this scheme users are allowed to open a bank account with zero balance and are granted RuPay debit card. Being banking services made available so easily Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna created Guinness world record of opening most number of bank accounts in the time period of one week. Another big achievement is that by Feb 10, 2016, 200 million bank accounts are being opened under this scheme and Rs. 323.78 billion are deposited. The scheme became a massive success to banking industry.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna
- Zero Balance account: Under this scheme users are allowed to open a bank account with no balance in it.
- Debit Card service: Even with zero balance account holder is given the service of debit card by RuPay.
- Accidental Death insurance: In case of accidental death the nominee of the account holder will get insurance of Rs. 1, 00,000.
- Life insurance cover: All accounts opened by 26th January 2015 are given additional life insurance of Rs. 30,000.
- Overdraft allowed: After six months of account opening holder can overdraft up to Rs. 5,000.
- Online Banking: With digitization even all account in Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna are also allowed to enjoy online banking facilities.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna:
- Any person with Indian nationality is eligible for Jan-Dhan Yojna
- Any person of age 10 years is eligible but minors need to have guardian to manage their account.
- If person do not have any proof of nationality but bank on their research finds that person is Indian, he/she is also eligible for the scheme.
- Any person already having savings account with nationalized bank can transfer his/her account into Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna and can enjoy the benefits.
Document required for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna scheme
- Address proof.
- Passport size photographs.
- Identity proof issues by govt.
- Nationality proof.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna Scheme.
- Almost all nationalized banks (SBI, Bank of Maharashtra, Punjab National Bank, HDFC, ICICI, AXIS and more) are there where one can find complete details about the scheme.
Online Form to enroll for the scheme:
Forms and procedures for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna scheme are very well explained at any nationalized banks.
Form in English: http://www.pmjdy.gov.in/files/forms/account-opening/English.pdf
To know more about the details and FAQs visit the link