The Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojna is the scheme introduce by central government (ministry of agriculture and farmer welfare) to improve farm productivity and ensure better utilization of the resources in the country with an outlay of Rs.50,000 crores for a period of 5 years (2015-16 to 2019-20) to achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level.. The main objectives of PMKSY are to attract investments in irrigation system at field level, develop and expand cultivable land in the country, enhance ranch water use in order to minimize wastage of water, enhance crop per drop by implementing water-saving technologies and precision irrigation and recycling of water.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojna
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojna will enhance the physical access of water on the farm and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation.
- Har Khet ko Pani this slogan will be implemented means each farmer will be available with enough water for better crop.
- Enhance adoption of precision-irrigation and other water saving technologies under More Crop Per Drop. Means number of water saving technologies will be implemented to save water.
- Ensure integrated development of Rainfed areas means those areas lack of water. Avability of water in that area will be possible.
- Water harvesting, water management and crop alignment, explore feasibility of reusing treated municipal waste water for peri-urban agriculture and attract greater private investments in irrigation.
- This scheme focuses on effective management of runoff water and improved soil & moisture conservation activities such as ridge area treatment, drainage line treatment, rain water harvesting.
- Water conservation and cutting down on wastage of water to bringing irrigation facilities.
- Under this scheme following program will be implemented.
Whom to contact and where to contact
The planning and implementation of this scheme is completely decentralized, the mian cornerstone of implementing and planning of this scheme are District Irrigation Plans (DIPs) State Irrigation Plan (SIP). This DIP will identify the gaps in irrigation infrastructure of a district. there no particular eligibility criteria of individual no document is required because the scheme is implemented by district wise across the country,
- Beneficiary can contact to Zila Panchyat.
For more information visit here
Scheme related video please visit here