Central government has approved scheme Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)/प्रधानमंत्री मत्स्य संपदा योजना. The scheme was proposed in budget 2019-20. Government will implement this scheme to help fishing industry. The objective of the scheme is to improve productivity, increase traceability of fishing & infrastructure. This Blue Revolution scheme will be implemented in next 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25. Two component of scheme are Central Sector Scheme (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS). In this scheme fishermen will have Social security, accidental insurance from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
|Scheme:||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)|
|Benefits:||Financial support of Rs 20,050 crore|
|Beneficiaries:||Fishing industry (fish farmers, fish workers, fish vendors)|
|Launched By:||Central government of India|
|Launch Date:||May, 2020|
|For more info of PMMSY:||CLICK HERE|
- Financial support of Rs 20,050 crore for five years
- Employment in fishing sector
- Financial assistance for fishermen to purchase fishing nets, fish seeds and improve traceability
- It will increase fishermen income
- Social security, accidental insurance for fishermen
- Scheme is available for fishermen
- Scheme is applicable for cross the India
Total budget of the scheme is Rs 20,050 crore. Rs 9,407 crore will be given by Central government and Rs 4,880 crore by states government. The remaining Rs 5,763 crore will have to be given by beneficiaries.