Government of India has started enrollment for the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM). It is an assured pension scheme for the workers of the unorganised sector. The beneficiaries of the scheme will be provided old age protection with the monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 after 60 years of age. Interested eligible workers can enroll for the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM) at the nearest CSC center. CSC centers will help applicants to fill in the application forms & enroll for the scheme.
|Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM)|
|Benefits:||Monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 for|
|Beneficiaries:||Unorganized sector workers after 60 years of age|
|Official Website:||www.labour.gov.in/pm-sym or www.licindia.in/home/process|
|Helpline:||1800 2676 888 (LIC Toll-free number)|
- Minimum Assured Pension: Monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 for the subscriber after the age of 60 years
- Family Pension: 50% amount every month to the spouse of the subscriber if he/she dies after 60 years of age
PM-SYM Eligibility Criteria / Who can apply?
- All the workers of the unorganized sector across India
- Income Limit: Applicant`s income should not be more than Rs. 15,000 per month
- Age Limit: 18 – 40 years
- Applicant must not be income tax payer
- Applicant must not be beneficiary of any other government pension scheme
Contribution by the Subscriber: Amount to be paid by the subscriber every month for PM-SYSM
PM-SYM is a voluntary & contributory pension scheme. Government will contribute the same amount to the pensioner account as deposited by him. For ex: if the subscriber of the PM-SYM makes a contribution of Rs. 100 every month then the government will also contribute Rs. 100 to his pension account till age age of 60 years.
|Entry Age||Superannuation Age||Member’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Central Govt’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Total monthly contribution (Rs)|
The amount also can be auto-debited from the subscriber`s Jan Dhan account.
List of Documents Required for PM-SYM Enrollment:
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Account details along with IFS Code (Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account)
- Mobile for OTP verification
- Initial contribution amount for enrollment
Application Form & How to Enroll / Apply for Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM):
|STEP 1: Please carry all the documents as mentioned above along with money, mobile & visit nearest Common Services Centres (CSC)|
|STEP 2: Village Level Entrepreneur ( VLE ) at the CSC will help you fill application form for the PM-SYM & enroll for the scheme|
|STEP 3: Provide the Aadhaar & bank details to the VLE when he asks for|
|STEP 4: A self verification will be done with Aadhaar & mobile OTP|
|STEP 5: VLE will tell you monthly contribution your need to pay. Pay initial contribution amount.|
|STEP 6: A unique SYM number will be generated & a SYM card will be printed. Collect the card.|
SYM card & How to apply for PM-SYM card?
A card given to the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM) beneficiaries. The card has the unique SYM number. The card is required during all the PM-SYM processes. The card is given on the application for the PM-SYM scheme at the CSC center.