Assam Government had launched Pragyan Bharati scheme for students in the state of Assam. This scheme aims to encourage more girls to take up higher studies. The government has recently announced that this scheme will be in operation for the year 2021-22. Under the scheme the students whose family income is less than 2 lakhs per year will get free admissions in listed government institutes. It tends to encourage students to take up higher education irrespective of financial difficulties. This scheme is for the complete benefit of the students thereby by contributing to their career and future well-being.
|Scheme name||Pragyan Bharati Scheme|
|Launched Under||Assam Government|
|Benefit||Free admission in higher secondary, degree, MA, MSc, MCom courses|
|Beneficiaries||Students with annual family income less than Rs. 2 lakhs|
|Objective||To provide assistance to the students thereby encouraging them to pursue higher studies.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to encourage the students to pursue higher education.
- All the students whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2 lakh will be covered under the scheme.
- Under this scheme the students will get free admission to various courses in state listed government institutions.
- It will provide help to the students to meet their expenses for higher studies.
- This assistance will help the students with further studies without having financial constraints.
- It will empower students and enable them to stand independently in future.
Government institutes covered under this scheme:
- Gauhati University, Guwahati
- Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh
- Bodoland University, Kokrajhar
- Cotton University, Guwahati
- Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University, Nalbari
- Women’s University, Jorhat
- Bhattadev University, Bajali
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Hojai
- Madhabdev University, Lakhimpur
- Majuli University of Culture, Majuli
- Birangana Sati Sadhini Rajyik Vishwavidyalaya, Golaghat
- Pragyan Bharati is a scheme launched by the Assam government for the benefit of students in the state.
- This scheme will remain in operation for the current academic year 2021-22.
- Under this scheme the students with annual family income less than Rs. 2 lakhs will get free admission to various courses like Higher secondary, Degree, MA, MSc, MCom.
- Higher secondary, BA, BCom, BSc students who have previously availed the benefit under this scheme, will also be eligible for their second or third year admission.
- Final year students of MA, MCom, MSc will also be eligible under this scheme.
- Students with parents working in state or central government will not be eligible under this scheme.
- Students will have to produce an undertaking that their parents do not work in any state or central government office.
- Student will also be required to get more than 75% of attendance to be eligible.
- Private institutes, universities, central universities in Assam will not be covered under this scheme.
- Students will have to apply for this scheme, then the Directorate of Higher Education will verify the income certificates and approve their applications.
- The students whose applications are approved will be able to take free admission in listed government institutions.
- This free admission is mainly for enabling uninterrupted studies as well as to encourage the students for higher studies.
- This scheme tends to motivate and encourage them to study harder and pursue higher studies further.