PM Narendra Modi has announced Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana (PTDY) for NRIs. Government of India will sponsor religious tours to all those people settled abroad. The scheme was announced in Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019. Government will take group of selected NRIs on the cultural, spiritual tour of India. The objective of the scheme is to let NRIs know about their root & cultural diversity of India & primarily to boost tourism in the country. Tourism is the major contributor to the GDP of the country.
|Scheme:||Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana (PTDY)|
|Announced By:||PM Narendra Modi|
|Objectives:||To boost tourism in India|
|Benefits:||Free tour on the religious places in India|
|Beneficiaries:||Non resident Indians|
The first batch of tourists consisting of 40 NRIs were present at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019. The tours will be organized twice every year.
Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana Benefits:
- An opportunities for NRIs to know about their roots in India
- An opportunity to witness the cultural diversity of India
- Free tour to the selected religious places in India
- Government will bare expenses for the air travel from the country of residence for the NRIs till India
- Applicable to NRIs only
- Age Limit: NRIs in the age group of 45 to 65 can apply
The scheme will be implemented in phases. All the eligible beneficiaries interested in the free tour can apply. The government then select some out of the applicants for the tour. NRIs from the Girmitiya countries Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica will be given first preference.
Other Important Schemes: